Learn about Vineyard, Utah. Below you can find community information, including vital statistics, information on local schools as well as resources for finding real estate listings and homes for sale in Vineyard.
Vineyard is a small close-knit community located next to Utah Lake in western Utah County, seven miles northwest of Provo. The town consists mostly of farmlands, and a majority of its residents are dairy farmers. Aside from an abundance of agriculture, the city is also rich in industry, with Geneva Steel (until recently) and 12 other companies providing a more than adequate tax base.
Vineyard has kept a steady population during the last decade, hovering at about 150 residents. With a median age of 29.3 and a household average of 4.19, Vineyard’s households are older and larger than most of the county’s.
Statistics & Facts
- The population of Vineyard is approximately 151.
- The approximate number of families is 43.
- The amount of land area in Vineyard is 10.78 sq. kilometers.
- The amount of surface water is 1.294 sq kilometers.
- The distance from Vineyard to Washington DC is 1909 miles. The distance to the Utah state capital is 38 miles. (as the crow flies)
- Vineyard is positioned 40.30 degrees north of the equator and 111.75 degrees west of the prime meridian.
Climate & Weather
- The climate for Vineyard is Moderate. There are approximately 10 to 20 inches of snow each year with much more in the mountain areas.
- Vineyard average annual rainfall is 16 inches per year
- Vineyard average temperature is (January) 21 (July) 83 degrees F.