Learn about Magna, Utah. Below you can find community information, including vital statistics, information on local schools as well as resources for finding real estate listings and homes for sale in Magna.
For many decades, Magna has maintained its status as one of Utah’s most populous unincorporated communities. With this population come 5 Elementary schools, 2 Jr. High Schools and 1 High School. Magna has 3 grocery stores and numerous other eating and shopping areas outside of the downtown area.
We have brought about changes in our area that have made us a Township in Salt Lake County. This change alone took over 10 years. Our growth and development continue to be a big part of what makes up Magna. Magna is an area to be watched in the present and future of Utah, as we grow and bring about great things for all.
General Information and Facts
- Population (year 2000): 22,770
- Males: 11,486 (50.4%), Females: 11,284 (49.6%)
- Median resident age: 25.8 years
- Median household income: $42,845 (year 2000)
- Median house value: $113,600 (year 2000)
Races in Magna:
- White Non-Hispanic (80.6%)
- Hispanic (15.0%)
- Other race (7.8%)
- Two or more races (2.4%)
- American Indian (1.5%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander (1.4%)
- Black (0.6%)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Magna:
- SALT LAKE CITY INTL (about 10 miles; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; ID: SLC)
- HILL AFB (about 30 miles; OGDEN, UT; ID: HIF)
- OGDEN-HINCKLEY (about 34 miles; OGDEN, UT; ID: OGD)