Learn about Hooper, Utah. Below you can find community information, including vital statistics, information on local schools as well as resources for finding real estate listings and homes for sale in Hooper.
As of the censusGR2 of 2000, there were 3,926 people, 1,150 households, and 1,013 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 131.4/km_ (340.2/mi_). There were 1,177 housing units at an average density of 39.4/km_ (102.0/mi_). The racial makeup of the CDP was 97.71% White, 0.15% African American, 0.28% Native American, 0.51% Asian, 0.10% Pacific Islander, 0.64% from other races, and 0.61% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.06% of the population.
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Hooper:
- OGDEN-HINCKLEY (about 9 miles; OGDEN, UT; ID: OGD)
- HILL AFB (about 12 miles; OGDEN, UT; ID: HIF)
- SALT LAKE CITY INTL (about 29 miles; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; ID: SLC)
Public primary/middle schools in Hooper:
- FREEDOM ELEM SCH (Students: 720; Location: 4555 W 5500 S; Grades: KG – 06)
- KANESVILLE ELEM SCH (Students: 673; Location: 3112 S 3500 W; Grades: KG – 06)
- HOOPER ELEM SCH (Students: 522; Location: 5500 S 5900 W; Grades: KG – 06)