Learn about Goshen, Utah. Below you can find community information, including vital statistics, information on local schools as well as resources for finding real estate listings and homes for sale in Goshen.
Goshen is a tiny farming community of about one square mile located in the extreme southwest area of Utah County. With a median age of 26.2 and an average household size of 2.88, Goshen has some of the oldest and smallest households in the county. After many decades of stagnant growth, Goshen’s population grew over 50% from 1998 to 2000.
Goshen is located in Goshen Valley, an area that extends 10 miles south of Goshen and to Utah Lake on the north. Fremont Indian rock art, pottery shards, and pictographs can still be found in the areas of Goshen Valley that have been protected from the elements and heavy human traffic.
The estimated population, in 2003, was 846.
Public primary/middle schools in Goshen:
- GOSHEN ELEM SCH (Students: 307; Location: 60 N CENTER; Grades: PK – 05)
- GOSHEN MIDDLE (Students: 97; Location: 60 N CENTER; Grades: 06 – 07)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Goshen:
- UTAH VALLEY STATE COLLEGE (about 27 miles; OREM, UT; Full-time enrollment: 14,182)
- BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY (about 31 miles; PROVO, UT; FT enrollment: 29,977)
- SNOW COLLEGE (about 47 miles; EPHRAIM, UT; FT enrollment: 2,632)