Learn about Elk Ridge, Utah. Below you can find community information, including vital statistics, information on local schools as well as resources for finding real estate listings and homes for sale in Elk Ridge.
Elk Ridge is located in Utah County, Utah. In 1989-1990, there were only about 157 homes, with a population of 771. Growth picked up with the opening of Payson’s Gladstan Golf Course just west of Elk Ridge. Growth has brought more wells, more tanks, and more residents.
In the year 2000, Elk Ridge became a Fifth Class City. Though the population has grown to approximately 2,100 and over 500 homes in 2005, the “small town atmosphere” has been maintained. The elk do not come down as often, but the deer are regular visitors.
Elk Ridge is known best for the beautiful mountains surrounding it and its spectacular view of Utah County, which residents believe is the best in the County because it is not obscured by pollution.
- Population (year 2000): 1,838. Estimated population in July 2005: 1,926 (+4.8% change)
- Males: 954 (51.9%), Females: 884 (48.1%)
- Median resident age: 20.7 years
- Median household income: $65,511 (year 2000)
- Median house value: $197,000 (year 2000)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Elk Ridge:
- UTAH VALLEY STATE COLLEGE (about 19 miles; OREM, UT; Full-time enrollment: 14,182)
- BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY (about 24 miles; PROVO, UT; FT enrollment: 29,977)
- SNOW COLLEGE (about 47 miles; EPHRAIM, UT; FT enrollment: 2,632)
- UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX-UTAH CAMPUS (about 48 miles; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; FT enrollment: 2,021)
- SALT LAKE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 48 miles; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; FT enrollment: 11,896)