Learn about Delta, Utah. Below you can find community information, including vital statistics, information on local schools as well as resources for finding real estate listings and homes for sale in Delta.
From its early years, Delta has been the commercial center of one of the largest alfalfa seed and hay producing regions in the Intermountain West. Today is a full service community providing a wide array of municipal services to its residents. Delta is located in in Millard County, Utah.
One main source of income for Delta is a power plant called Intermountain Power Project or I.P.P. It is also referred to as Intermountain Power Service Corporation or I.P.S.C. This coal-powered power plant supplies power for much of Los Angeles county in California. Another element of Millard County’s economy is the digging of fossils. Trilobite fossils are relatively common in the region west of Delta (part of the Wheeler Shale) and at least one company (located near Antelope Springs) allows visitors to dig their own fossils for a fee.
Population (year 2000): 3,209. Estimated population in July 2005: 3,106 (-3.2% change)
- Males: 1,631 (50.8%), Females: 1,578 (49.2%)
- Median resident age: 27.7 years
- Median household income: $37,773 (year 2000)
- Median house value: $80,900 (year 2000)
Races in Delta:
- White Non-Hispanic (88.1%)
- Hispanic (10.1%)
- Other race (3.1%)
- American Indian (1.4%)
- Two or more races (0.8%)
Public high schools in Delta:
- DELTA HIGH (Students: 706; Location: 50 W 300 N; Grades: 09 – 12)
- CBA CENTER (Students: 39; Location: 305 E 200 N; Grades: 10 – 12)
Private high school in Delta:
- GRACE BAPTIST SCHOOL (Students: 19; Location: 58 SOUTH CENTER; Grades: 1 – 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Delta:
- DELTA SOUTH ELEM SCH (Students: 480; Location: 450 S CENTER; Grades: PK – 05)
- DELTA MIDDLE (Students: 476; Location: 251 E 300 N; Grades: 06 – 08)
- DELTA NORTH ELEM SCH (Students: 440; Location: 50 N 100 E; Grades: PK – 05)